Louisiana State University (LSU) Paul M. Hebert Law Center – Baton Rouge, LA
- Juris Doctor and Comparative Law Degree (D.C.L.), Expected May 2021
- GPA: 3.07 Rank: 85/183
- Civil Law Course GPA: 3.44
- Activities: 1L Legal Writing Tutor (January 2020-May 2020); Dean’s Tuition Scholarship (2018-2021) Member, Public Interest Law Society (Fall 2018); LSU Sports, Entertainment and Media Law Society
McNeese State University – Lake Charles, LA
- Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude, in Political Science, December 2017
- Honors: TOPS Honors; National Society of Collegiate Scholars; Dean’s List (2014-2015); Kappa Alpha Order Highest GPA Award (2015-2017); President’s List (2015-2017); Calcasieu Parish Police Juror Scholarship (Spring 2017)
- Activities: Member, Kappa Alpha Order (KA); Treasurer, KA (2015); Vice President, KA (2016); Member, Greek Union Board (2015-2017) Member, Pre-Law and Politics Society (2015-2017)
Robichaux, Mize, Wadsack, Richardson & Watson, L.L.C. – Lake Charles, LA
Summer Associate, June 2020-August 2020
Provided legal support to attorneys in commercial transactions, trust and estate matters, and real estate agreements. Examined contracts, leases, title abstracts, and other legal documents to determine ownership of land, gas, oil, and mineral rights, and prepared title reports. Drafted legal documents covering purchase and sale of land. Assisted attorneys with estate planning for clients, including drafting wills, successions, and donations. Incorporated attorney feedback and revisions into drafts. Balanced multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment.
The Honorable Martha O’Neal, Chief Judge, 36th Judicial District – Deridder, LA
Law Clerk, May 2020-June 2020
Performed in-depth research on legal issues pending before the judge. Reviewed briefs submitted by parties to trial proceedings Drafted memoranda summarizing procedural history and legal research, applying law to facts, and recommending disposition of legal and factual issues. Proofread and cite-checked judicial opinions. Wrote and revised local rules for the 36th Judicial District.
LSU Law Apprenticeship Week, Strategies in Economic Development and Legal Practice Development
Course Participant, January 2020
Completed intensive course on nondisclosure agreements, maintaining confidentiality when representing state and local government interests, negotiating incentives, and clawback provisions.
Stockwell, Sievert, Viciello, Clements & Shaddock, LLP – Lake Charles, LA
Summer Associate, June 2019-August 2019
Conducted legal research and utilized Westlaw directory to perform extensive research on legal issues arising in medical malpractice and insurance defense matters. Prepared clear and concise legal memoranda. Analyzed interrogatories and requests for document productions, and assisted attorneys with responses. Provided support to attorneys during hearings, mediations, depositions, and in client meetings.
Legal Intern, September 2016-June 2018
Provided research support by checking legal references and examining case histories. Delivered legal documents from firm to courts and adversaries. Filed documents and organized case files.
- Volunteer, JDRF Denim and Diamonds Gala, Baton Rouge, LA, April 2019 and June 2020
Worked closely with the JDRF Board and Outreach Team to raise over $287,000 by soliciting donations and coordinating the silent auction in hopes of finding a cure for Type 1 Diabetes.
- Volunteer, “JDRF Annual Walk to Cure Diabetes,” Baton Rouge, LA October 2019 and October 2020
- Participant, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Walk to Cure Diabetes, 2016-2019
- Organizer, Muscular Dystrophy Association fundraiser with Pizza Artista, Fall 2017
- Organizer, Special Olympics Volunteer Organizer, 2015-2017